Sunday 24 June 2012

Pattern Printing


As my laser cutting idea didn't work with the fabric i had chosen, i needed to make a new plan of how to get my pattern onto my garment.  I decided to use a stencil i would hand cut similar to the laser cut one i made. But after a few motif cut outs i realised it would take way too long and i had already invested in the stencil so might as well use it. 

I decided on using heat transfer to print on my fabric as it would keep the sheer look instead of a solid, hard look some other printing techniques. 

I mixed had to mix the dispersed dyes to create the colour i wanted. So i used 4 tablespoons of brown to ever 7 tablespoons of orange and painted about 6 a2 sheets of the colour. 

Once this had dried i was able to use the sheets to print on the 3 meters of silk chiffon. 
I had to keep changing the colour sheet after every second transfer to make sure the colour was as strong all round. 

it took me about 5 hours to print the entire length of fabric, and it was so frustrating but i was very happy with the result after i had seen it layered on the other fabric samples. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment